Sunday, August 28, 2005

Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada

So, this is where I'm going to start an MSc in Electrical Engineering. It's a small town: about 150 000 inhabitants and ~150 km south of Montreal, so it's going to be a real change from Paris :-) It has been now a while since I was in search of an "empty" place, close to nature where you can live peacefully and have a better Quality of Life. Living in a great city is really stressing. You have access to a lot of facilities, but in the meantime you cannot quite enjoy it.

Sherbrooke verifies all this criteria. It's famous for its university (there are actually two of them) and thus is a rather "young" town. It is by the way only 50 km north of the New England border, so maybe I'll make a visit there although I heard the visa fee is astronomical...

I'm really eager to be there, especially at the beginning of the Autumn (and the Indian Summer ;-)).

2 Comments:

At 29/8/05 20:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Yousef:

Welcome to .ca. It is a great place with great people.

Anmar

 
At 30/8/05 07:56, Blogger Youcef said...

Ah, thanks man, I'm sooo eager to be there ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home