Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Leaving Paris

We're leaving in about 2 weeks... There is still a lot to do with paperwork, selling the rest of the furniture and buying some new stuff (suitcases ;-)). I am not surprised of not regretting to leave this city. I remember planning to leave it the very first year we arrived here. Six years later, I'm looking forward to leave it as soon as possible. I mean, if you are a tourist then Paris is really great: architecture, history, culture, gastronomy, etc. Even after all this time, we still discover new places regularly.

But to be honest it is really not appropriate for living. I also never felt like I was home in this country. Partly and probably because I never wanted to feel like I was home, I must confess. I have then been feeling like a stranger all this time. In Canada, I want to feel like I am home, so it will probably be different. Or maybe this is completely stupid ;-) I guess I will know soon...

I don't doubt that there will soon be nostalgia. We have family, friends and also good memories here. But I rather think about the future for now, not the past ;-)

2 Comments:

At 18/8/05 19:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a super good trip. I hope you can make a home out of Canada.

And beware, I'm eventually coming ;)

 
At 19/8/05 07:19, Blogger Youcef said...

Thanks a lot man!

I'll be waiting for you :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home