Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Goodbye Computer

I sold today the PC I had for almost 5 years :-( The computer of my first Linux install (a Mandrake 7.2?) and a lot more.

A Gateway Pentium III 800 MHz, but highly efficient all the same. During that period, I replaced the HD (after a painful crash and data loss), the DVD player, the DVD writer (initially a CD writer), the monitor, the keyboard (twice ;-)) and the mouse. I installed a TV tuner card, an Ethernet one and more RAM. So, pretty different from the initial configuration, isn't it? Sold it for 250 euros at Cash Express, a store for secondhand products, where I also sold many "small" things, mainly, but not only, electronic devices. I'm sure I could have had a better price if I sold it on eBay, but I'm already selling a lot of stuff there (more on that later...), and I wanted to do it quickly. Yup, time is money. I didn't expect much more anyway.

All I have left now is this tired Dell Inspiron 1000 laptop...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home